Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Inspirational Wednesday (Portugal 1)


“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”
 – St. Augustine

When I return from a trip, I am full of ideas and things I want to make. One of my most inspiring trips  was to Portugal and Spain with my sister, Jill, and my niece, Katie.  During the month of April, all of my Inspirational Wednesdays will be from this trip. 

My niece, Katie, and my sister, Jill, at a sidewalk cafe.

While we were in Portugal, all the stores we having clearance sales.  I stocked up on fabric (40 meters of it!).  Interesting that all fabric is kept behind the counter and only men cut your fabric...hmmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. When I was in Spain, all the yarn was kept behind the counter, too. And it was mostly men working the counter as well. I didn't find any fabric stores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only fabric stores I found were for clothing fabric- they had some beautiful woolens! I remember you telling me about your yarn experience in Spain- so interesting. What do you think American woman would do if men had to cut our fabric?

      Delete