Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Creative Chick Studio- again


I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them. ~Pablo Picasso

Yesterday I talked about an on-line class that I took from Creative Chick Studio. Above is my favorite thing that I made in the workshop. I began by painting the leaves and stems on fabric. I made some fabric using my Embellisher machine by placing silks, roving, chiffon on top of felt and felting it all together. From this I cut out the red heart shaped flowers. From there I went mad with the embroidery! Edging everything, making a fun triangular chain stitch down the center of the leaves. Then came the white shadow stitches; as silly as it sounds, at first I wasn't quite sure how to go about it. I began going around and around the outside of the entire shape. There was a point when I really disliked the look, but I trudged on. Once completed, I love the movement the shadow stitching gives the piece. To finish the piece, I beaded both the circles on the leaves and the ones projecting out of the stems.

Usually I place all of my work from workshops I take in my portfolio, this one I am thinking about stretching on a canvas. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment