Monday, August 24, 2009

The Road to Happiness




The road to happiness lies in two simple principles: find what it is that interests you and that you can do well, and when you find it put your whole soul into it - every bit of energy and ambition and natural ability you have.

John D. Rockefeller III

I am lucky that I have found my passion...many people go through their entire life without realizing their passion. My passion involves anything that requires me to use a needle with thread or a paint brush on any type of fabric.

The photo above is is a quilt that I have been working on for a few years (as is with most of my projects!). I decided I wanted to learn how to applique, so I picked this quilt- probably not the best choice for my initial endeavor. It is interesting to now see my journey through my stitches. The first few blocks look pretty sloppy and as I finished, I was in a good rhythm (but with still much to learn).



The quilt was quilted by my good friend, Pam Huggins. Here is her website: http://www.huggsnquilts.com/ I love the attention to detail she puts into each quilt.
The pattern for the quilt is from the book below:


Are you an appliquer? What is your favorite applique project that you are working on or have finished?

1 comment:

  1. This is so stunning! I love what you did with the border.

    ReplyDelete