Friday, September 4, 2009

Friendship

"May there always be work for your hands to do, may your purse always hold a coin or two. May the sun always shine on your windowpane, may a rainbow be certain to follow each rain. May the hand of a friend always be near you, may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you."
- Irish Blessing



As I began to learn applique, I attended our Guild's weekly small group that focused on applique. At some point, the group decided to do a Friendship Quilt exchange...I was ecstatic! I always wanted to be part of an exchange- hip, hip, hurray!

The exchange lasted for 12 months. There were 10 members; some of the 10 members traded with everyone each month, others only traded with part of the group each month. At the end of the trade, I created two lap-sized quilts; one has blocks from January to June and the other is July to December. I will always treasure the memories affiliated with these quilts.

Below are sections of the quilts closer up:



Below are some of my favorite blocks that I made. It is interesting that this was part of the Applique Group exchange and most of mine are paper-pieced. I LOVE paper-piecing! Do you like to paper-piece?


Have you ever been in a Friendship Quilt exchange? Did you enjoy it? Did you finish the quilt?

No comments:

Post a Comment