Sunday, July 19, 2015

CHALLENGE: Erosion

e·ro·sion
əˈrōZHən/
noun
the gradual destruction or diminution of something.

My 12x12 group had the challenge "Fear". I had to think long and hard about fear; I finally decided to focus on erosion.  Erosion can be applied to many areas of our lives...erosion of the beach at Lake Michigan..erosion of your health as you age...erosion of world-wide safety...so many things can gradually destruct creating fear.


My piece is inspired by an Edward Burtynsky photo shown below:

A close-up of my piece is below. After creating the landscape, I used rust to create a tributary-like flow across the piece.  Some seed stitches finished it.
  
Remnents
I found this delightful sewing reality show on British television called The Great British Sewing Bee. I watched the first season via this link: Sewing Bee Season 1 . Season 2 and 3 can be found on YouTube.

I loved this show because of the people.  I used to manage a plant in England and this show brought back memories of the workers.  I believe you, also, will find these contestants every day, lovable people with outstanding skills.  I smiled through much of this first season.


Do you have a favorite sewing show that you watch?

Enjoy!  

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment