Friday, February 3, 2012

On a whim...

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.

-Roger Caras

It is a lazy weekend at our house before my husband . Yesterday, I decided to hang in my studio and made this brooch. I wanted something fun and funky...do you think I made my goal?

I used one of my favorite materials and also tried a something new. One of my favorite things to use is The Caron Collection Wildflowers Embroidery Thread; I probably have about 50 different colors. I call it my 'go to' thread because it is always the first collection of thread that I will 'audition' when I am beginning a project. I love both their color palette and the thread weight/texture.

The something new that I used was the Floriani's Stitch and Shape Double Sided Fusible Stabilizer. I believe that it is mainly to make vessel-type objects, but I found it terrific to make the pin. It it light-weight, but stiff and I liked how I could form the petals, once it was sewn. This stabilizer is definitely on my use again list!


Have you ever made something on impulse?

No comments:

Post a Comment