Thursday, February 16, 2012

When in doubt, dip it in dye!

See that any time you feel pained or defeated, it is only because you insist on clinging to what doesn't work. Dare to let go and you won't lose a thing except for a punishing idea.
Guy Finley
Last fall when I was on our annual quilt guild's retreat, I bought a couple 'jelly rolls' of fabric. Excited to have cut fabric, I got home and put together a sweatshirt jacket (my favorite things to wear!) Once it was pieced and quilted, I just did not care for how it looked. What to do? What to do? This is what the fabric looked like:
I took the plunge (literally) and threw it in a bucket of red dye. When I pulled it out- I liked it- I really liked it! I decided to add purple cuffs (also dipped in the red dye) and topped it off with a couple of Dorset buttons. And presto-chango...I have a new fashion favorite! What do you think?
Have you ever finished something that you did not like the finished product? What did you do?

No comments:

Post a Comment