Thursday, February 9, 2012

Harvest


Care less for your harvest than for how it is shared and 
your life will have meaning and your heart will have peace. 
Kent Nerburn

I am part of an art quilt group that is part of my quilting guild;  each month we are given a topic and we create a mini quit using different techniques for the following month.The topic for my October/November Art Quilt Group is 'Harvest'. I created this  free-standing mini wheat filed that is made from an old butter-yellow linen business suit (I'm cleaning closets!). 


I pulled cross grain threads, tied wire to sets of 8 strands and then wrapped the straight of grain threads to create the stalk. The wheat was free-motion quilted on silk and then wired pulled through the back. 
I finished by placing wire around the bottom to help it stand up on its own.  Can you tell I had fun?

Do you belong to some type of art quilt group?  How do they inspire you?







No comments:

Post a Comment