Saturday, March 17, 2012

My First Gallery Show



As the sun colors flowers, so does art color life- John Lubbock 

I am one of 14 mixed media artists showing at the Carnegie Center for the Arts in ThreeRivers, MI through April 14.  This is the first time that I have shown my work in a gallery.   I am not sure what I expected, but this experience has exceeded even my wildest dreams.





The two organizers of the show, Angelica and Gail, treated all of our works of art with such dignity and respect. I dropped my artwork off on a Saturday, where the majority of the artists gathered to meet and share our work. On that day, it was amazing to see range and depth of this collection of art; what I did not realize that day, was the magic was yet to come.

Last Sunday (a little over a week after we dropped our artwork off), The Carnegie held the opening of the show. When I walked in, I was delighted to find that collectively, our individual  pieces of art had been transformed into a beautifully flowing show. Our organizers definitely used their 'magic' putting it all together.

The electricity in gallery escalated as the rooms filled with spectators. It was fun to hear could people discussing the different pieces of art. "How did someone make that?",   "I wonder how long that would have taken to make?",  "Breathtaking". 

Life just doesn't get better.....


PS...Thanks to my friend, Carolyn, for sharing her photos so I could place them on the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment