Monday, March 12, 2012

Sarah Lawrence

I was sad to hear that Sarah Lawrence passed away at the beginning of December 2011.  Though I never had met Sarah, she inspired me through her books and her on-line store CraftyNotions.

I have most of her books.  In my library, I have a shelf of approximately 10 books that are my absolute favorite books.  Included in this stack is Sarah's Silk Paper for Textile Artists.  If you do not have this book, I would definitely recommend getting a copy.

She also has a book that was just published- Stitch, Cloth, Shimmer & Shine.  I just received my copy and am going to take extra care reading it.


 Textile artist and Sarah's friend of 15 years, Liz Welch, gave the eulogy.  Click on the link to read the words Liz said the day of Sarah's funeral...I am confident that you will also be inspired by Sarah's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment