Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sewing Sisters

Memories are sewn together with heartstrings. 

Have you ever met someone for the first time and immediately knew you were kindred spirits?  It has happened to me a few times and it is pretty magical.  This happened about eight ears ago when I was in Huntsville, Alabama at a Martha Pullen week-long class.


The first day a met a woman named Vanese and our friendship began.  Here is where you may think this is a little strange...in the past eight years we have not seen each other nor talked on the phone, but to this day I feel a strong connection to her.  I am so thankful  for Facebook because it is now easier to keep in touch (versus our annual Christmas cards).


Recently, I know my friend has been going through a tough time so I thought I would post a picture of us to boost her.  This photo was at Martha's house where we presented her with a quilt that our group made in our free time during the week.


After I posted it, guess what Vanese said?  OMGoodness! Kathy, you made my day! This pic is on a bulletin board next to my sewing table. I LOVE seeing it when I see. It is also a great memory for me. Thanks.


Funny, eights years have come and gone and we both still have the same photo displayed in our studios.


Do you have a Sewing Sister?
 

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, I do have sewing sisters. And due to blogging, etc., I have some people I'm super connected with and have never even met in real life. When I travel, I try to meet them. But I'm amazed how close I can feel to people I've never met. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I read your blog, I can see where you have created many Sewing Sisters.

      Delete